How to apply
The Global U8 (GU8) Consortium welcomes applications of new membership. Please contact the Secretariat George Zheng, Administrator for GU8 Consortium email@example.com for further information on the criteria and procedures.
Benefits of membership:
- Be a member of a community of universities from around the world.
- Expand and upgrade international relationships to a multilateral level beyond the limitations of bilateral cooperation.
- Access academic information and programmes provided by members.
- Increase opportunities for student and faculty exchanges with other member universities.
- Build a network among international scholars and researchers in different countries to enhance possibilities of international collaboration.
- Utilise the consortium to strengthen expertise and experience, and benefit from the cooperation and collaboration with other member universities.
Criteria for candidates:
- Be open to and supportive of the needs and significance of multinational/ multilateral cooperation between global institutions of higher education.
- Be located within or near a port city of which location will bring diversity and balance to the Consortium.
- Provide education and/or research programmes in at least two of the four strategic areas of the GU8 Consortium: Global Logistics, Business Administration, Marine Affairs, Renewable Energy and Advanced Technologies.
- Be willing to explore collaborative relationships and implement exchange/ cooperation programmes with other members from various cultures.
New entry applications will be compiled and submitted to the Council of Presidents, the prime decision-making board of the GU8, for review and approval.